Hexoloy and Metal Ceramic Tubes
Hexoloy | Silicon Carbide | Thermocouple Tubes
Hexoloy® Silicon Carbide (SCHX) used as a thermocouple protection tube have a maximum service temperature of 3000°F (1650°C) in both oxidizing and corrosive atmospheres. It can also be used in chemicals including strong acids and bases. This type of Silicon Carbide is chemically inert and has excellent thermal shock resistance ten times superior to Alumina thermocouple protection tube. This material is very hard, second only to diamonds, with excellent wear and abrasion resistance. It has five times the thermal conductivity of Alumina. Unlike other forms of silicon carbide tubes, Hexoloy® can be used as a single primary thermocouple protection tube since it is gas tight. Hexoloy has very high temperature strength and will not slump even under load at 3000°F (1650°C).
Note: Platinum thermocouple elements can be used with a Hexoloy silicon carbide thermocouple protection tube if an Alumina inner tube is used as a liner. Various fittings can also be mounted on the protection tube in order to install into your process equipment, see below.
Composition: 99% Sintered Fined Grain Green Alpha-Silicon Carbide.
- Maximum Service Temperature of 3000°F or 1650°C
- Excellent Resistance to Corrosion, Erosion and Wear
- Outstanding Thermal Shock Resistance
- Tube sizes from 3/8" to 1 1/4" O.D.
- Available with Couplings, Hex Fittings, Steel Fittings, Sleeves, or Threaded Nipples.
- Available with Cemented Support Collars.